2022 POD High School Hockey Tournament Information:
IMPORTANT: **Please plan ahead when scheduling for your season, as OHSAA teams must have 31 or fewer games scheduled (not counting OHSAA state tournament post-season district games nor pre-season games) to be eligible for the 4-game POD, since the OHSAA season limit is 35 games total.
4th ANNUAL POST OHSAA DISTRICT (POD) HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY TOURNAMENT
Host Teams: Archbishop Alter & Beavercreek High Schools
Feb 25-27, 2022: All games at NTPRD Chiller
1301 W Main St, Springfield, OH 45504
– 2022 Dates planned as the weekend after the first two OHSAA state tournament rounds
-Current teams- Alter, Beavercreek, Westlake, Toledo Whitmer
– Goal of 8 teams in 2022
– 4 Game guarantee
– For lower half of OHSAA and Club teams based on myhockeyrankings.com
– Tourney Fee: Estimated to be approx. $1500 per team
– Applications Due no later than December 15, 2021 with a $500 deposit
The Academy Hockey Club is proud to announce an exciting tournament for Ohio High School Athletic Association and Ohio Club high school ice hockey programs…THE POD TOURNAMENT!
THE POD (Post OHSAA District) is intended to provide a post-OHSAA District tournament option for teams ranking in the lower half of the state according to myhockeyrankings.com (which basically constitutes Division 2 in other OHSAA sports). “We just can’t stand to see a high school senior end their career on the wrong side of a lopsided state tournament game” says Matt Belmonte, Academy Hockey Club Board member, “so we created the POD as an option for the teams to have a better end-of-season experience, and for senior players, a better end of career experience.”
Games will be played Feb 25-27 at NTPRD Chiller, 301 W Main St, Springfield, OH 45504. Many OHSAA teams have expressed interest in participating and the POD plans to grow in coming years. “You just have to make sure not to exceed the season 35-game limit set by OHSAA administrators,” says Greg Gutterman, the Academy Hockey Club’s President.
– Apply with an email to: Bill Daniels- email@example.com or Greg Gutterman- firstname.lastname@example.org
– $500 deposit due ASAP to confirm your spot. Make checks payable to “Academy Hockey Club” a 501(c)(3) charitable organization) and mail to:
Academy Hockey Club
435 Danbury Place
Xenia, OH 45385
– Accepted teams/applications will be notified via email
– Again, please request information for next year by email or contact us with any questions at: email@example.com